You will read elsewhere on this site that Reassign’s experience on the buy and sell sides of commerce points to the fact that a lower than acceptable level of business savvy and commercial intelligence is hampering buyers and sellers from doing better than they are. Central to this, we think, is a lack of education.
Educating business people, for the most part, seems to be an interventionist proposition based loosely on events, and expert assistance from without.
When you consider that a career (in any sector) could be an education in itself, we believe that there is a collective responsibility for business to not only strive for profit by any description, but to focus more on integrated, experience-based education and the personal development of its people.
How can we expect real progress and sustainable success unless training, guidance and mentorship all become components of the business DNA ? The explosion of service-based sectors presents a real opportunity for Australia to take a decisive lead in post-school, career-integrated Education.
The available range of options in terms of Procurement and Sales Education is, it would seem, in a mature state. You don’t have to look far to pick up a ‘complete training package’ or hear a convincing point of view from tier-one training corporations, peddlers of online programs or hired guns with a colourful bag of surprises.
The subject of business education can be approached from any direction. Relevant, high-value education however, can only come from the perspective of intimate experience in the field. Here are the things Reassign brings to the education conversation;
- Hiring: Getting the right people to start with.
- Sales 101: Communicating, articulating, opening, progressing, closing – boy do people need these !
- Procurement 101: What gets done, why it gets done, how it gets done and who it gets done with.
- Profile-based training: Aligning the individual, the style, the audience and the outcome.
- Attribute development: Making good people great via one-on-one mentoring, group workshops.
- Buy/Sell Maturity: A core success indicator applicable across the whole of commerce – no exceptions.
Let us give you our considered view on how properly educated i.e. knowledgeable, skilled, articulate and motivated people are vital to taking your business forward.
Contact us to hear how we could work with you.